This year marks the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s second annual Most Admired CEOs awards.
As the name suggests, we weren't looking simply for professional accomplishments. Our Most Admired CEOs had to be making outstanding contributions to their industry and our community, in addition to building thriving businesses.
Nominations for these awards were accepted from mid-December through mid-February. We were looking for metro-area leaders of small and medium-sized organizations who had a track record of business success. We received more than 70 nominations, which the editorial team whittled down to 10 honorees. It was a difficult task.
Here are our 2017 Most Admired CEOs:
- Dr. Jeffrey Chell, Be The Match
- Andrew Duff, Piper Jaffray Cos.
- Chad Dunkley, New Horizon Academy
- MayKao Hang, Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
- Vicki Holt, Proto Labs Inc.
- Hoyt Hsiao, Shaw-Lundquist Associates Inc.
- Jean Kane, Welsh and Colliers International Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Timothy Tucker, Augustana Care
- Kathy Tunheim, Tunheim
- Steve Wellington, Wellington Management Inc.
Our honorees will be featured in the Sept. 22 Weekly Edition and celebrated at a Sept. 14 awards event at Nicollet Island Pavilion.
Our 2016 honorees were: Archie Black, SPS Commerce Inc.; Lynn Casey, PadillaCRT; Mike Fiterman, Liberty Diversified International; Christine Fruechte, Colle+McVoy; Jeff Gau, Marco; Matt Kramer, Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce; Nancy Lyons, Clockwork; Richard Murphy Jr., Murphy Warehouse Co.; Ravi Norman, Thor Construction Inc.; and David Reiling, Sunrise Banks.
Kim Johnson oversees special projects and the research department (The Lists, etc.).